Valentines Day 2014. Get ready to get gob-smacked by sentiments of love.
For me (and probably a few others Yoginis who cultivate authentic love on a daily basis), it would be fun to create a Valentine’s Day equivalent of Festivus..(.Jello Twister contests in sticky syrup, doused in Victoria’s-not-so-Secret-super-cloying PINK perfume, schmaltzy music playing..♥♥♥’s overload, ‘I love you more!’..)
Not to be snarky, (ok, maybe a little), but most of this holiday stuff is really nasty. There are better ways to bring love home, everyday. Practicing Yoga is just one of them.
– Flowers. Anyone who is familiar with the book Flower Confidential , or movie Maria Full of Grace knows how ugly those cheap roses really are. One better alternative is The Bouqs, a responsible way to send flowers. Even better, buy a plant.
– Wine. There is lots of good (cheap) wine readily available, and no one (that I know of) is being exploited, but why not support some small independent vintners and increase your feel-good-factor to the wine buzz?… and the name is perfect for VD: NakedWines.
– Chocolate. I love ♡ dark chocolate (and indulge in some everyday) Happily there lots of organic fair trade brands to chose from (and I know most of them), but this new New York company really has it going on: Cocao Prieto (small batch liquors too!)
– Perfume. As beautiful and sexy as the ads look, most perfumes have toxic chemicals in their formulas. Luckily, there are some amazing all natural perfumes. Even better is mixing some essential oils to create your own signature, pure scent.
– Diamonds. Hopefully, (and because of awareness leading to pressure this industry) Blood Diamonds will become a thing of the past. Still, it’s best to buy ‘conflict -free’ stones..who needs terrible energy imbedded in something that is supposed to be about ‘eternal love’?
–Sex. Good Clean LOVE, Inc. is one of my very favorite companies (and newsletters).
Happy Valentines Day.. Happy ~ Loving ~ Everyday! ~ Cheryl